Sunday, November 20, 2011


Christian Refugees Refused Help; Lives In Danger

By: Marshall Ramsey II, Worthy News US Correspondent

November 16, 2011 (ICC) - On November 2, 2011, the following e-mail correspondence was received by Aidan Clay with International Christian Concern:

"I just received a warning call form a person who introduced himself as an [official at the Afghan embassy]... If I don't go to the embassy in two hours to met hm, he will arrest [me] and present me to the embassy through the Indian police... Please pray and be in contact, and if in case something happens, my wife will contact you. He was claiming that I convert people from Islam to Christianity."

The calls continued throughout the day. "They were very angry and saying that they will hit me by knife and kill me."

The person being threatened is named Obaid S. Christ, an Afghan Christian living in New Delhi, India.  He fled his native Afghanistan in 2007 after receiving word that an Islamic court issued an arrest warrant for his conversion to Christianity.  He adopted the pseudonym Obaid S. Christ to be able to hide from his persecutors in Afghanistan.

For the full story, please go to www.worthynews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment