Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Response To Police If Detained By Police

You might want to give this response if a police officer asks to see your identification without you committing a crime.

Me: "Am I being detained or am I free to go?"
Cop: "You are being detained"
Me: "In that case, I invoke and refuse to waive my 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th amendment rights. You do not have permission to disarm me, and I do not consent to any searches or seizures of my person or property, including a pat down as outlined in Terry v. Ohio. I will not answer any questions without an attorney present. Any statement or actions I make henceforth will be made under duress and threat of force against me by an armed Officer of the law. If you have reasonable, articulable, suspicion that I have committed, about to commit, or in the process of committing a crime, please provide such reasonable suspicion and the code and name of the crime of which I am being accused. If you cannot or will not provide such suspicion or provide the legal code section for the alleged offense you claim to be investigating, I would like to be free to go on my way, or you will then be declared to be in violation of my civil rights, and punitive damages will be sought against you and your department. "

No comments:

Post a Comment