Sunday, January 10, 2010

There is hope.

A spirit of suicide is moving across this country, I believe. With worries about the economy, national security, having enough money to keep the lights and heat working, it is hard not to get discouraged. I myself am under stress by the fact that I am making little more than minimum wage, I have a wife and three children, my job won't let me work any overtime, they refuse to find me another position where I can make more money. They were actually angry at me for wanting them to find me another post making more money.

I have bills and a need to eat just like they do. I drive someone else's car, me and my family live in someone else's house, and we have to get the government to buy our groceries for us (we're on foodstamps). With all this, the situation seems pretty bleak.

But there is hope. His name is Jesus Christ. The Bible says, "I have never seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." This is true. Another thing that I and my family are going through is the lack of money to buy clothes for our children and ourselves. With Jesus Christ, this is not a problem. Just the time we started needing new clothes, God provided them for us. Long-sleeve shirts, courdoroy pants for our son, jackets for mine and my wife's children, clothes for us. We have absolutely lacked nothing. Food, we have it. A place to stay, we have it. God's word, which he always upholds, we have it. When Jesus said he would never leave us, nor forsake us, he meant it. He has shown himself faithful in all ways which he promised us he would.

You may be saying, "That's easy for you to say, you have Jesus, I don't." or "I don't have time for Jesus, I have to provide for my family." When you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior, as God come in the flesh to die for your sins, and risen from the dead three days later, he becomes part of your family. He wants to take care of you. Not in the afterlife only, but in the here and now. Jesus is faithful, "even to the end of the world," which isn't too far off. There are things happening right now that you would not believe, even if God Almighty himself told you. Give your life to Jesus Christ. Receive the hope and peace he has to offer, not for eternity only, but for this present life, also. He will take care of you. Suicide is not the answer. It is a permanent, BAD, solution for a temporary problem. Unclean spirits called devils, or demons, want you to kill yourself. They don't want you to know the hope, peace, and love that Jesus Christ, God's only begotten Son has to offer. They want you in Hell with them forever, rather than in the arms of Jesus forever.

If you don't know how to invite Jesus into your life to be your Lord and Savior and God, then repeat this to Jesus, "Jesus, I'm a sinner. Save my soul, please. I recognize you as God Almighty come in the flesh. You died on the cross for my sins, were buried, and rose from the grave three days later. I do willingly confess you as both Savior and God, and acknowledge my need for you to save me from my sins. Thank you, Lord, for coming into my life and forgiving me of my sins forever. Help me to walk daily with you, and grow in you and your word. Amen."

If you did this, then welcome to the family. The road you will walk is not an easy one, but since when did anyone say that life would be easy? If they did, they either didn't know what they were talking about, or they lied, hehehe.

The Lord bless you and keep you in all his ways, both now and forever. In Jesus' name, Amen.

P.S. Jesus really does love you!

1 comment:

  1. Well said, Mr. Bighead! Jesus is Lord over all the Earth! He loves us with an everlasting love! Thanks for helping to spread the good news of the gospel! Emmanuel!

    ReplyDelete