Monday, May 6, 2013

First Use Of The Cross Found In A 5,000 Year Old Tomb?


(The tomb is dated to be about 5,000 years old.  If this is true, then it would put the tomb around the time of Mahalaleel and Jared, known in Sumeriam mythology as Dumuzid the Shepherd and En-sipad-zid-ana.  This would predate the building at Tell Khaiber in Iraq by about 1,000 years.)

Knowth - Secrets from the grave
By Claire O'Connell © The Irish Times 2008

 Nearly 50 years ago, archaeologists began excavating at Knowth near Newgrange - and the site has yet to give up all its secrets.

'The first day we went in, we went up the passage. When we got in towards the end, the passage became difficult, but there seemed to be a void at the top and I crawled up with a flashlight and walked until I came to the end of the passage.

I flashed the lamp around and saw this massive void. I flashed the lamp upwards and I could see a massive roof, which was nearly 20 feet in height.

"In my great excitement I jumped down six or seven feet, and to my amazement I found that what I had jumped into was a massive cruciform chamber. There was an astonishing amount of art and a magnificent stone basin in the right-hand recess."

For the complete article, please go to:  http://www.newgrange.com/knowth_secrets.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment