Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mystery of the Pukehina sea creature solved

The mystery of the Pukehina sea creature has finally been solved.  As you may know, much speculation has been going around as to what kind of creature the mysterious corpse was that washed up on a New Zealand beach recently.  Some have speculated it is a sea monster, while others have said it is most likely a Killer Whale or an Orca.  The answer, however, is the Leedsichthys, a giant pachycormid that was believed to have died out in the Middle Jurassic period.

If one compares the image of the creature in the video below, and then compares it to the image of a Leedsichthys, you will see that they are a match.  A photo of what scientists have speculated the Leedsichthys looked like based on skeletons can be found here:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leedsichthys.



With the discovery of this fish complete with skin, it proves that dinosaurs did not die out, and are still among us today.

Here is a link to where you can check out different videos of eye-witness testimony of another supposedly extinct dinosaur, the pterodactyl:  http://www.livepterodactyl.com/youtube/

UPDATE:  After showing my wife the above video and comparing it with the artist's rendering found on Wikipedia, I believe what we have here is an adolescent Leedsichthys.  She asked me about the size of the above creature and the size of a full-grown Leedsichthys.  I told her it was about 9 meters.  She asked me how big that was in feet.  I told her about thirty.  She then replied, "So it's an adolescent."

3 comments:

  1. I believe a Leedsichthys has 40,000 teeth, as the video shows there are less then 40,000, could be at least 80-150 teeth, and there are no other markings which show other teeth on the inside of the mouth. But I only say this is my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and by the way it is an orca, the teeth are exactly the same shape and size also the head (skull) and the fin. Problem solved, it just looks like a jurassic creature because the colour looks different the and maybe because its a rotting carcass? In my opinion I think people are just over exaggerating and wanting other people to believe it's a living fossil. Come on guys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say it is only your OPINION, yet you say it in a manner that is condemning to me as though I speak foolishness and have not intelligence. It is a difficult thing for me to believe that dinosaurs are still alive. Yet, the evidence of their continued existence is conclusive.

      Have you also considered the coelocanth? It was once considered a dinosaur (and I do know that dinosaur means 'terrible lizard,' the term dinosaur having come to be a generic term for all extinct species of life that are said to have existed 60 million + years ago) and yet, in at least the 1980's a live coelocanth was captured. I read about this in a public school book.

      Delete